Bey and J are performing in Houston tonight and guess who’s going!??!?! all of Houston!!! except us. we’re at home eating zucchini pizzas and staring at each other.
these healthy, light snacks are bursting with Italian, cheesy goodness and make THE perfect party appetizers by the way! you just need to serve them immediately while they are hot and bubbling. else, the cheese hardens up. but i can eat cheese at any temperature. especially burnt cheese. yummy.
Zucchini Pepperoni Pizza Poppers
- 2 raw zucchini, coined 1/2 in thick
- 1/3 cup homemade marinara
- 1/4 cup turkey pepperoni rounds, chopped
- no stick cooking spray
- Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice (vegan, dairy-free, cheddar, monterey jack, pepperjack, mozzarella, etc.)
- wrap a large flat baking plan with foil and coat with no-stick cooking spray and set your oven broiler to high
- heat a large griddle to med-high heat (i made pancakes for breakfast and the griddle was already out but you can use a very large skillet too) and coat it with no-stick cooking spray
- place as many zucchini coins flat on the griddle as possible and cook for 1 minute (you may have to work in batches)
- flip the coins over and cook for an additional minute
- transfer the cooked coins to the baking sheet lined with foil
- dab some marinara sauce on the top of each coin and using the back of a small spoon, spread mixture out
- sprinkle a few shreds of cheese on top of the sauce
- sprinkle some chopped turkey pepperoni on top of the cheese
- place entire pan in your oven as close to the broiler flames as you can get and cook for approx. 5 minutes or until the cheese is melty and bubbly
- sprinkle with Italian seasoning. done.
s/n: if you have more zucchini to use up, see if you can stretch your ingredients even further as you might have sauce/cheese, etc. left over.
i upgraded my fry cutter! this is the Deluxe Fry Cutter from Bed Bath & Beyond and i got it for 13 bucks after using the 5 bucks off coupon that comes in the snail mail flyer. great, affordable investment. the only thing i did have to do first is peel the potato, then slice it in half. the device only opens so wide, so you might have to cut the ends off to make it fit. other than that, no microwaving needed before cutting! sign up for their ads directly on their website to get their coupons.
what a big helper! not just in the kitchen with me but with his little brother as well which is a huge answered prayer. many have asked how the transition with the boys has been and i can honestly say smooth. putting Dego’s dirty diapers in the diaper genie for me is exciting to him. yeah, i’m milking that for as long as he lets me.
also, these are the delish, Spicy Smoky Sweet Potato Fries from my ebook!
WHY didn’t i think of this sooner… Quest Bars help out big time with my sweet toof. i really i only get them when i go to my gym, so now that i’m going almost regularly the bars are making appearances again. THIS time though, i’m going to GNC and buying an entire box. can’t keep buying them for 3 bucks at a time, pretty stupid and not cost-effective. 20g protein, 17g fiber, 170-180 cals. coconut cashew is one of my fave flavors! .
didn’t get to have my early gym rendezvous this morning so i went power walking this evening.
i strapped down the girls with two sports bras and hit the bricks. let me tell you how much i appreciate working my back 2 or more times a week when i was preggo! the weight of these boobs right now….. whew.