Steamed Fish Foil Packets
- 2 lb fillet of trout (of fish of choice: salmon, halibut, etc,)
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 large red (or any color) bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thinly into rounds
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped/minced (or any fresh herb: dill, basil, thyme, etc.)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- cracked black pepper & sea salt to taste
- 1 heaping tbsp of any seasoning blend of your choice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- preheat oven to 425 degrees
- in a small bowl, mix all dry seasonings together
- section fillet into desired portions using a sharp knife or kitchen shears
- tear off sheets of foil (15” x 15”) and lay them out across a large workspace
- coat one half of the sheet with no-stick cooking spray, and place each fillet portion on that same end, leaving space between the fillet and the edge
- place veggies & herbs around your fillet (lemon slice on top); sprinkle veggies and fillet generously with seasoning
- fold over the uncoated side of foil covering the fillet and veggies. crimp the edges to form a packet
- i placed the packets directly on my oven grate, but you can also place them flat on a very large baking pan.
- bake 8-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of your fillet portions). a general rule is 10 min per inch of thickness
- take out, let cool, unseal pouch, open. *cue ooohs and aaaaahs*
best things about this recipe:
- clean up is BREEZE, right!? #disposableplate
- customizable to the MAX (fish choice, veggies, seasonings, etc)
- easy, healthy, portioned controlled and awesome for my meal preppers!
cause she boxed her slice up while they were talking. mama ain’t no dummy 🙂
i hope you guys enjoyed your Mother’s Day, however you spent it! remembering past, present, and future moms. this job ain’t easy, but what an honor it is to be a mommy.
my fam treated my grandmother to a birthday/mother’s day lunch the saturday before Mother’s Day at Mia’s Table. it was my first time there and i loved the homeyness of the place! do you even have to ask what i ordered….
grilled sammmmman! and avocado salad. yes. right up my alley.
whoops. Sorry Aunt Annette!
and free soft serve? we’ll be back.
so sunday i didn’t get to sleep in LOL, but what better way to wake up, right!? this is all i wanted. EVERYTHING else was just an added bonus. this is why we can’t co-sleep anymore right here though. we’d all wake up bruised and battered, my goodness. and YES, that hurt!
Sonny picked another great restaurant for us to dine at after church, Latin Bites! we pretty much shared everything you see up there. fresh & tasty. we then went to hang out with our moms for the remainder of the day.
how’d you spend Mother’s Day?
moms, what’s the best gift you received?
what’s the best Mother’s Day gift you’ve given?