happy BUMP day!
got a 1-on-1 session with my girl, Amaka, bright and early this morning. i filmed a snippet of her squatting for two on my snap chat; did you see it!? hello, snap chat is WAY fun. apparently i’ve been missing out. sorry not sorry, periscope.
guns and buns.
fact or myth: if you have never exercised (or its been a good while since you’ve done anything) then pregnancy is not the time to start.
MYTH! pregnancy is not the time to go for a new squat PR, give flag football a try, or train for a marathon… obvi! it’s no excuse to spend almost 10 months on the couch either though. start with low impact things like brisk walking, swimming/water aerobics, and light/moderate, basic weight lifting. in most cases exercise helps fight back strong against fatigue, mood swings, aches, pains, stiffness, swelling, and discomfort.
for all prenatal and postpartum (doesn’t matter how long ago you gave birth!) inquires, email me:
y’all. this bra. sassy, strappy, stylish, and most important, supportive. out of all the bras i’ve tested these past few months for my prenatal and postpartum fit moms, this was number one in my book, ladies! i could not wait to share this sneak peek! i have bought and gone through a ton of cheap sports bras over the years to support my active lifestyle, but eventually i began to purchase them with my handbag mentality. that just means i’m willing to shell out a little more than i normally would in exchange for top quality, durability, cuteness, color, and support all in one. i finally found that in this bra, no doubt.
fabric + features
- Luxtreme® fabric is cool-to-the-touch and sweat-wicking
- added Lycra® fibre bends with you and stays in great shape
- pockets for optional, removable cups
- designed to provide support for C/D cups – even 36DDD!
the back is gorgeous, right!? coral is one of my fave spring colors. i’ve put this thing through intense HIIT sessions, plyometrics, running/sprinting, and weight lifting, and it passed each one with flying colors. the ‘girls’ are always comfy and secure, and it never feels like i have an inner tube tucked under my arms. i do a lot of jumping in my classes but i have no nip slip fear because of the full coverage. my compression crops are heavily discounted right now and almost sold out!! i got them for black friday last year.
Chiso (r) loves going to HEB cause that’s the only store where he and Dego can sit together in the basket! i stopped by there on our way home today to get more fish for Sonny and to grab some zucchini for zoodles. unfortunately, i walked right up outta there without them though, smh.
i was looking for Coconut Aminos on my last grocery run and they were sold out, but i did see this vegan stuff in that same area and figured it would be a great protein marinade as well. um, YA! low-sodium and sugar are always a plus with sauces. i have used this on beef, chicken, and fish. 3 for 3.
tonight’s dinner! i didn’t miss the zoodles 😉 i got a gigantic bag of collard greens that i threw into a large pot along with:
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp liquid or coconut aminos
cover with a lid and let it steam/simmer on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.
easy peasy! i let the chicken breast chunks marinate in the garlic sauce for about 15 min (that’s as long as i could wait #hangry) then i:
- heated my cast iron skillet to med-high and coated it with no-stick cooking spray
- added in 1 medium shallot (can use garlic too) and let it simmer until translucent
- added in the chicken breast chunks (cut them into bite size pieces) and cooked until almost done
- added in 1/2 diced green bell pepper, 1/2 diced red bell pepper, 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- sautéd everything until the veggies reached my desired tenderness
- i took the picture before i added the marinara (see below) but you can definitely mix it in with the chicken before you attack your plate.
- top with fresh basil! tastes like pasta-less chicken spaghetti!
i use Sprouts all natural garlic pasta sauce or their no-salt marinara.
Q: what’s the craziest pregnancy myth/old wives tale/superstition you’ve ever heard?
“salty cravings = boy, sweet cravings = girl.” any truth to that??? i just wanted pizza both pregnancies lol
*this is not a sponsored post. all opinions and products are my own; i love and use these products and items often!*