breakfaaaast this morning! just an egg white omelette chock-full of kale, roma tomatoes, baby bella mushrooms, mrs. Dash onion & herb seasoning. cheddar almond cheese, sriracha and avo on top. super filling!
let’s get physical.
basic glute bridge: with your head on the floor and heels on the bench or floor, raise your hips off the ground while squeezing your glutes and pressing your heels into the step or floor. when your glutes are level with your hips, stop. lower and repeat. mix it up with different counts- singles and pulses set those buns on FIRE
- left foot on your right knee (pictured) 12 x 2
- right foot on your left knee (pictured) 12 x 2
- right leg extended at hip level (pictured) 12 x 2
- right leg straight up in the air 12 x 2
- left leg extended at hip level 12 x 2
- left leg extended up in the air 12 x 2
- heels down, toes up 12 x 2
- this can be done on the floor without the bench; alway make sure your surface is stable. an elevated surface provides a wider range of motion to perform the exercise.
- keep a neutral chin; slighty tucked in towards your chest
- avoid pushing your hips too high as this can hyperextend your back
- you should feel this primarily in your glutes. if you feel lower back discomfort, try doing them without elevation.
i added a new recipe to the ebook today- roasted, curried cauli (as in cauliflower) mash. i used to eat broccoli and cheese like nobody’s business but neither one of them are kind to my tummy. soooo, this was a great, flavorful replacement. i also had some roasted butternut squash sprinkled with cinnamon, and pan seared lemon pepper tilapia.
are you on IG? of course you are. i’m doing @fitnessfoodandstyle’s May Photo A Day challenge this month cause i love me some Dani and it looks fun! you should join me.
‘don’t copy, compete with or compare yourself to others. their path is not your path, nor should it be. everyone has a unique gift to offer. what is yours?’
-mary frances winters
with that said, this next event is for my fit ladies only. let’s finish this race and compete together as a team. the Athleta Esprit de She Houston 5k/10k will be making its debut on May 9th, 2013! yes, 8 days away!
let’s make their very first year one to remember. if you would like to run with the Fit Foodie Finishers, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) so i can send you the link to sign up! we will be running the 5k, so whether you’re a veteran or first timer, come oooooon.