happy good friday, fit friends! so, what are your gym bag must-haves? i’d love to share some of mine with you! before i tell you what’s in it though, let me show you my actual bag:i have been rocking the All You Need Lululemon Duffle ($148) for over a year now and it is literally just that.i’m a compartment whore! this thing sometimes triples as my purse, gym bag, and diaper bag, no kidding. there are multiple secret pockets & compartments both on the outside and inside of the bag. why carry multiple bags where there’s more than enough room to spare in this one?!“dream big, run fast, sweat hard.”before i went bag shopping, i prohibited myself from getting black. i have to do the same thing when shopping for fitness clothes! i wanted something completely different from my norm, and a big melon bag is definitely out of my comfort zone. no regrets! my bag is currently out of stock, but i found super similar ones here and here.
my gym bag essentials:
- a supportive, extra sports bra. this neon, Nike compression bra is on sale for 22 bucks right now!
- y’all know by now that i’m a Nike Free Run fanatic. my current pair will turn a year old on my birthday next month, but this teal pair will be my next purchase (right, Hubs?)
- hand sanitizer. do NOT enter or leave the gym without it. if we could only shine a black light on gym equipment (dumbbells, machines, mats)! on second thought, i don’t even want to look.
- #EdgesMatter and this is the Dri Sweat Edge wide headband i wear and still get asked about. keeps my head cool and soaks up all my sweat while i workout. perfect for my Naturalistas
- i don’t know where all my hair ties go….but i hope they’re happy. stop using those real rubber bands that destroy your hair! or am i the only person who used to do that? once upon a time i would use just about anything, long as my hair was outta my way while i worked out. no bueno. be nice to your tresses with these.
- when it’s not on my arm, it’s in my bag. we use and recommend Polar HR watches to our clients all the time. reliable, stylish, and easy to use. i currently own the FT4.
- i went through tons of this stuff while i was preggo! i love the instant bronziness (made that up) it gives my skin while it does its moisturizing thing simultaneously. fave lotion, ever, hands down.
- my pink Beats are another fit birthday gift i use pretty much every single time i hit the gym. they were completely worth the investment!
what’s coming up? i am happy to be running and meeting up with local Black Girls Run! ladies for my next 10k! Chiso will also be participating in his third 1K; he is incredibly excited and cannot wait to run! if you’re out there in City Centre tomorrow, we’d love to meet ya. good luck to all runners and have a wonderful, long, Easter weekend:)