‘mama your belly button is popping out!’ has turned into ‘mama lemme push the button’! every morning.
i hope delivering this little guy IS as easy as pushing a button, but i’m going into this labor & delivery with these specific expectations: none! whatever happens is completely in God’s hands. i’m gonna do my part and stay active, keep up with my healthy eating habits and prepare as best i can. absolutely no added stress or pressure this round from start to finish. i mean it!
so here is yesterday’s full gym workout!
i usually hop on the elliptical for 15 min but my warm up was a 1 hour cardio kickboxing class.
- standing cable machine chest press 4 x 15
- standing cable machine wood choppers 4 x 15 – at my own, safe pace
- seated overhead dumbbell press 4 x 15
- standing dumbbell chest flyes 4 x 12
- hack squats 4 x 12
- barbel deadlifts 4 x 12
- leg press 4 x 12
- seated leg extensions 4 x 12
compound movements (see video for examples)
- heavy dumbbell row w/ leg lift combo on all fours – 3 x 12 each side
- split squats with forward raise combo - 3 x 24 each leg
- elevated plie squat with upright row/bicep curl combo 4 x 12 (one row + one curl = 1 rep)
i went heavy with my dumbbell row weight at the gym to keep my back strong as this belly and these boobs grow.
your turn! have fun
painting a realistic picture of health and living a balanced lifestyle is super important at a time where all Chiso wants to do is imitate Sonny and i. pass your healthy habits along to your kids every chance you get no matter their age. they are always watching! they never forget stuff either
scrimps! here’s a super simple, fresh, flavorful recipe i tried tonight: savory agave – cilantro lime shrimp parfaits.
Savory Agave – Cilantro Lime Shrimp Parfait
- 1/2 lb. large EZ peel shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup diced raw tomato
- 1 cup diced raw celery
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes or 1 large, diced
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- dab of Organic Whipped Buttery Spread
- 3 tbsp light agave nectar
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- juice of half a lime
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- combine shrimp and marinade ingredients; mix well and set aside for 20 minutes minimum or even overnight.
- microwave sweet potatoes for about 2 minutes (just to soften, not cook completely)
- dice up the sweet potatoes and add them to your medium heated cast iron skillet along with the cinnamon and buttery spread. continue to stir until potatoes are cooked through and well seasoned, about 7-10 minutes.
- chop up the celery, tomatoes, and avocado
- add the shrimp to your medium heated cast iron skillet at let then do their thing for about 4 minutes total. which means you need to flip your scrimps over once after 2 minutes. they cook super fast so keep an eye on them!
- assemble the parfait in this order inside your glass: sweet potatoes, celery, tomato, avocado, shrimp, and fresh cilantro.
SO GOOD! fresh and fast.
Q: do you prefer working out with a buddy or solo?