my sunday started with the usual breakfast (oat bran pancakes and egg whites) but this was my lunch:
Weber Kick ‘N Chicken grilled chicken breast and veggie stir fry using every fresh veggie i could find: mushrooms, yellow squash, asparagus, and red bell pepper.
i skipped church (but listened to the podcast later) and stayed home to finish getting things ready for my sister Michelle’s baby shower! this was a #sisterssquared production; something my other sis Kara and i like to refer to ourselves as! as of may 17th of this year she officially became my sister-in-law as well as my Soror. i had so much fun hosting with her.
cake batter rice crispy treats were requested so cake batter rice crispy treats were made! Sonny brought me back the super-duper jumbo size marshmallows from the store which didn’t exactly melt aaaall the way down in the cooking process but i was totally OK with that. why? the clumps of ooey gooey marshmallow in the bars was an awesome touch in my opinion! recipeeeee: (fyi, this is definitely a treat that should be eaten in moderation, guys.)
Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats
- 5 cups rice crispy cereal (can use brown rice puffed cereal too)
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dry boxed yellow cake batter
- 4 tbsp butter (i haven’t tried any dairy-free alternatives in place of regular butter yet)
- 1/4 -1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- coat the sides of a large pot/saucepan as well as the pan you intend to press the rice crispy batter into
- melt butter in large pot/saucepan over medium heat
- add vanilla
- add marshmallows and cover; let melt for 1-2 minutes
- add cake batter & sprinkles and stir a few times to incorporate then immediately add cereal and KEEP STIRRING
- remove from heat and stir until all combined. be sure to scrape the sides of the pot really good
- pour batter into a rectangular or square pan and press down on the batter until even across the top
- add more sprinkles
- once cool (bout 10 min or so), cut in squares, bars, or however you’d like!
who remembers this drink? who still makes this drink lol!? rainbow sherbert and 7 Up (or Sprite, or natural ginger ale). the ugliest, tastiest party drink, ever. it’s been a good while since i’ve had it, whew.
and she also got another idea from Pinterest: mini strawberry shortcakes in a glass. aren’t they beautiful(bottom right)!? there are cubes of light angel food cake, sliced strawberries, cool whip, and sprankles in there. SO.GOOD.
per Michelle’s request: subway sammiches, shrimp fried rice, egg rolls, chicken meat pies, wings, and chips.
thanks for reading.
Q: what’s your favorite, indulgent party food?!