2nd Barbell Strength class back from maternity leave under ma’ belt! i used class as my warm up and went downstairs to get a solid back workout in afterwards. i’m taking my time, trusting the process, and sticking to my 6 Pack USA plan these days. i want to maintain balance and not go crazy with the exercise this time around. no need! well, as long as i’m sticking to the nutrition part of the plan too.
baking has been on my brain this week. why?
most likely cause Sonny surprised Chiso and i with this really, really, magically, delicious lemon bundt cake tuesday from Nothing Bundt Cakes, ugh. soon as i eat white sugar i just want more, more, MORE. sugar addiction is real. real annoying. Chiso was super happy but yall know how i am around large amounts of my trigger foods!!! womp, womp. i couldn’t let all my work from the past few weeks go to crap so i did have a small piece, cut Chiso some, and threw it out. i had to get it outta my house! it taunts me until it’s all gone. anyway, i was so excited about whipping up these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Brownies cause i haven’t baked anything sweet since i was waiting around trying to get Dego outta this tummy. these are naturally sweetened for the most part; the chocolate PB2 does contain sugar but not a mind-blowing amount like Mr. Bundt cake up there. i used agave nectar but you can use honey as well. it’s up to you! heck you can also use full fat peanut butter if ya want. just melt it in the microwave a little first for better mixability.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Brownies
the stuff: (source)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup chocolate PB2
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- *optional* 1/4 cup rolled, uncooked oats (either leave them as-is or grind them into a fine flour)
- 1/2 cup light agave nectar
- 1/2 cup water + 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- combine eggs, vanilla, agave nectar and water in a small mixing bowl.
- combine PB2, cocoa powder, oatmeal, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl.
- add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined.
- pour mixture into an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan coated with no stick cooking spray.
- bake for 30 minutes on 325 degrees or until an inserted coupon comes out clean.
recipe makes 12 brownies. nutritional stats can be found on my Instagram post at the moment until i add them here!
before i go, thank you to Rosa from Enlightened Ice Cream for the coupons!! i cannot WAIT to pick up my samples at Sprouts Farmers Market soon. these bars are low in calories (70), high in protein (8g) and fiber (5g), 20% of the RDA for calcium, and contains only 2g of fat and 3g of sugar. It’s made from rBST-free milk, is gluten free, and contains no added sugars or artificial sweeteners! i like. review coming soon.