and like life often does, this little guy threw me for a loop today! after being about 45 min deeeep in the throes of some fat burning cardio, i heard my name on the loud-speaker at the gym to report to the child center immediately. soooo i hopped off the arc trainer and did the walk of shame all the way down there, ha. he had been crying his face off for 10 min straight before they called. he hasn’t done that since he was like 8 months old! i’m guessing it’s cause big brother wasn’t with us this time. idk. nevertheless, we hit the bricks and i headed on over to Sprouts Farmer’s Market to get snacks for my pre/postnatal fitness class.
then we headed home for breakfast and i hopped on Periscope to make some Toasted Coconut French Toast! did you catch it? have you added me there yet?! it’s a BIG deal! you can also watch it here, along with the rest of my past scopes.
instead of going to see Straight Outta Compton #NoSitterProbs we headed out for a family gym date and dinner! i rarely get a 2nd workout opportunity so i jumped right through that window.
hubs and i wanted sushi, but we opted for a place we could all enjoy. Chic-fil-A, yay! i SO wanted to Periscope while we were there but ya girl couldn’t catch a signal as usual. i do have a survival guide for you though, yes, even for Chic-fil-A. this is what we ordered and how we roll:
for Dego (1 yr) and i:
- Market Salad: 200 cals, 5g fat, 17g carbs, 570mg sodium, 23g protein
- kids meal a. w/ grilled nuggets (not pictured)
- Greek yogurt parfait: 100 cals, 3.5g fat, 11g sugar, 6g protein
Dego LOVES yogurt, especially this one. omg. it is incredibly creamy and protein packed.
an IGer asked what type of dressing i used for my salad and here’s my secret! Chic-Fil-A’s honey roasted bbq sauce is THE. BEST. EVER. i put it on everything! no matter what we order there i ask for this stuff. gosh it is so good and if they ever bottle and sell it i will be first in line to buy a case. the avocado lime ranch dressing always sounds good when the cashier runs through the dressing options at the register until i flip it over at my table and see that whopping 32g of fat!!! what the heck? you could eat 6 chargrilled chicken sandwiches to match that fat count, my goodness.
- Multigrain Oatmeal (sans toppings): 140 cals, 3g fat, 45mg sodium, 28g carbs
- Chick-n-Minis: 370 cals, 14g fat, 2g fiber, 8g sugar, 20g protein
- Market Salad 200 cals, 5g fat, 17g carbs, 570mg sodium, 23g protein
- Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap: 340 cals, 13g fat, 900mg sodium, 30g carbs, 36g protein
- Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich: 320 cals, 5g fat, 800mg sodium, 40g carbs, 3g fiber, 30g protein
- Chargrilled Chicken Club Sandwich: 440 cals, 14g fat, 3g fiber, 8g sugar, 38g protein
- Grilled Nuggets (8-ct): 140 cals, 3g fat, 530mg sodium, 4g carbs, 23g protein
- Hearty Breast of Chicken Soup: 140 cals, 3g fat, 1040mg sodium, 18g carbs, 2g fiber, 12g protein
- Asian Chicken Salad: 330 cals, 13g fat, 5g fiber, 11g sugar, 29g protein
- Fruit Cup (small): 45 cals, 12g carbs, 2g fiber
- Side Salad: 80 cals, 5g fat, 110mg sodium, 3g fiber, 5g protein
- Greek Yogurt Parfait: 100 cals, 3.5g fat, 1g fiber, 11g sugar, 6g protein
- Chocolate Cookie Crumbles (for yogurt): 20 cals, 1.5g fat, 1g sugar, 1g protein
- Harvest Nut Granola (for Yogurt): 60 cals, 1.5g fat, 1g fiber, 3g sugar, 2g protein
- Buttermilk Ranch Sauce (definitely not the dressing): 110 cals, 11g fat, 300mg sodium, 1g carb
- Chic-fil-A Sauce: 140 cals, 13g fat, 170mg sodium, 6g sugar
- Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce(per packet): 60 cals, 5g fat, 75mg sodium, 3g carbs (per packet)
- Polynesian Sauce: 110 cals, 6g fat, 210mg sodium, 13g carbs, 13g sugar
- Diet Lemonade: 20 cals, 2g sugar
- Icedream (small): 170 cals, 4g fat, 25g sugar, 5g protein
- the Frosted Lemonade is the truth!! and they will make it with the diet lemonade too, even though they use Splenda (which we no longer purchase for our home). sigh.
hubs and i split this guy which was only 240 calories, 6g fat, 41g carbs, 39g sugar, and 6g protein total. on a hot day this is everything. it’s like a light, creamy, satisfying milk shake!
—–>things to avoid:<—–
- all soda.
- coleslaw. no. don’t do it.
- chocolate chunk cookie. 330 cals and 14g fat for just 1? yikes!
- chicken salad cup. you can do without the 24g of fat and the 1120 mg for that tiny serving.
- salad dressings most of them, unfortunately, aren’t worth it. turn that packet around and see for yoself.
Chiso’s food^^. i tried to show him how awesome the grilled nuggets are but he didn’t believe me. he never does. we allow Chiso (4 yrs) to have fried foods 1 -2 times per week, max.
- Hearty Breast of Chicken Soup: 140 cals, 3g fat, 1040mg sodium, 18g carbs, 12g protein
- Chick-n-Strips: 470 cals, 24g fat, 1320mg sodium, 21g carbs, 43g protein (that sodium though! 🙁 )
- Side Salad instead of fries (way to go, hubs!)
if you can’t resist one of those awesome peach, chocolate, or vanilla, milkshakes, split one with friends or fam
split a large cup of Icedream with friends or fam
choose a side salad, fruit cup, yogurt parfait, or soup, or applesauce, instead of fries
try the sauces on your salad instead of the actual dressings that come with them. they are not worth it! even the low-fat dressings have insanely high sugar, so don’t let those buzz words throw you off your game. you know the deal
Q: what do you usually order at Chic-fil-A?