yesterday’s awesome breakfast contains 1 serving of fruit,
and 1 serving of veggies!
double whammy 🙂
ffl’s red velvet pancakes
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash of sea salt
- 1 egg white (or 2 if you want them fluffier/thicker/cake-like)
- 1/2 cup pureed, cooked beets
- half a banana (natural sweetness!)
- 5-7 drops chocolate stevia
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- throw your oats into your blender and ground them into a fine powder.
- toss in the other dry ingredients: baking powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt.
- dump all that into a bowl and set it aside.
- add your roasted, previously cooked beets into the blender along with the banana, egg white(s), vanilla, and chocolate stevia.
- scoop all that out and add it to your dry mix. incorporate!
- finally, add the almond milk to your desired consistency.
- cook up in your no-stick cooking spray coated for skillet 3-4 minutes on each side. make sure it’s done in the center! take a peek first.
stats for the entire stack:
what’s that topping you ask? you DID ask. i heard you. it’s 2 tbsp of no fat cream cheese + 1 packet of granulated stevia. any nuts will do, but that walnut, red velvet, cream cheese combo is a serious triple threat!
as always, adjust those nutritional stats accordingly when dealing with toppings. a drizzle of Walden Farms pancake syrup made these cakes and my breakfast complete. eat’em up, then go lift heavy things at the gym today.
GOOD MORNING TO YOU!