baby Dego was dedicated to the Lord recently! Sonny and i both desire to raise these boys up His way…. that is our daily prayer. though our parenting styles differ in some ways one thing is clear; we both love our boys deeply and have their best interests at heart. always. we want them to both have their own personal relationship with our Savior and we can illustrate that best by setting the example.
our niece, Camille, was also dedicated that same day! so sunday was pretty busy. i didn’t get to meal prep like i planned,
but i did get a quick workout in that morning before coming home to cook dinner for the family we had coming over.
fresh trout is on sale at HEB this week, so i seasoned a 2 lb. fillet with one of my fave spices! i can only find Adams Reserve at HEB, and the Smokey Sweet Potato is BOMB. 450 degree oven, 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. depends on the size of the fillet though. just pierce the thickest part with a fork to check and make sure it’s done.
on the side, i made a fresh spinach salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing!
- 2 tbsp raw honey (or 2 tbsp granulate stevia packets)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (i get mine from the bulk spice aisle at Sprouts Farmers Market)
i added crumbled goat cheese, cucumber, and avocado on top.
toss and coat!
my dad is a bean eater so i had to include them on the menu.
for dessert? deep dish cookie pie. again!
man. i have made this dessert like 6 or seven times in the past few weeks. this has become the kind of recipe i don’t even need to read anymore; it’s all in my head. and it’s SO good! and deceiving! thank you so much, Chocolate Covered Katie! again, instead of the rolled oats her recipe calls for, i subbed it with oat bran and the flavor/texture was NOT compromised one bit.
Chocolate Chick Cookie Pie
- 1 -15 oz can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 heaping tbps unsweetened applesauce
- dash salt (maybe 1/4 tsp)
- 1.5 tbs melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- throw everything except the chocolate chips into your blender/food processor and let it rip until a smooth and creamy consistency is achieved.
- in a mixing bowl, add the batter + 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and combine really good
- pour into prepared baking pan, spread batter evenly across, sprinkle on a few more chocolate chips on top, then bake for 35-40 min.
the chocolate drizzle is just melted down dairy-free chocolate chips mixed with a little unsweetened cashew milk 😉
i plopped two spoonfuls of Arctic Zero’s A Lil’ Bit Chippy ice cream on toppa there. had to!
we thank our friends and family for celebrating Dego’s dedication with us. it’s a REALLY big deal and we treated it like one.
up on the jumbotrons!
our homework was to write a letter to Dego as if he were 18 years old. man, each family that went up had beautifully written, heartfelt letters for their children! it was incredible to witness. sure we wanted to write a novel (ok, i did) but Sonny kept ours short and sweet.
what is this, a natural hair convention? LMBO
my mom, brother, and sis-in-law came up to pray over Dego with us.
Dego was pretty excited for his big day.
i was looking through my closet for something to wear that morning and came across my baby shower dress! last time i wore this thing we were two weeks away from meeting Dego. sure it was a lil’ baggy, but it was perfect for the occasion.
congrats to baby Camille and baby Dego; God’s will was certainly done.