ok do them after the pancakes. they are guilt-free, so do it in whatever order you like, just promise me you’ll do both!!!!!
my favorite smoothie fruit combo to order in the Lifetime Cafe, or any smoothie place really, is blueberry banana. which means blueberry banana pancakes were calling meeeeee this morning.
so i answered.
blueberry banana cakes
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 0z banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (ya might need more!)
- 5 drops vanilla creme stevia
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 egg whites
miiiiiix! everything! i threw the banana into my mix and mashed it up with a fork until it was chunky smooth. so you can either throw your fruit in your batter, or leave it for the topping. or do half and half. it’s your call! i’m pretty sure i used like 1/2 cup or more of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but it’s cause i don’t like my batter sooooo thick. 1/4th a cup just might work for ya though. again, i’ve been experimenting with oat bran, but you can totally use 1/2 cup of ground or rolled oats as a sub. stats are for the entire recipe. look at all that fiber and protein! *high-five*
2 fantastic floor exercises that build your booty and strengthen your core:
#1. glute bridges
a.)on your back, plant your heels firmly into the floor and bring them as close to your glutes as you can get’em.
b.)with your palms pressed into the floor on either side of you, drive your heels into the floor, pull your belly button into your spine, keep your hips and shoulders square (level), thrust them up towards the ceiling and squeeeeeeeeze your glutes!!! 4 x 25
for an extra challenge, try these options:
- extend one leg out straight, keeping it level with your opposite knee. hold until it burnzzzz! switch.
- put a weighted barbel or a heavy plate across your hips.
- place and hold a dumbbell in between your knees while thrusting. don’t drop that weight!
we all know how to do these, right? super simple but so effective!
a.) keep your body as flat as a board- no glutes in the air, and no sinking hips. resting on your elbows and toes, pull your belly button into your spine as tight as possible, and tilt your pelvis slightly towards the floor, and of course, squeeeeeeeze your glutes.
b.) hold this position for as long as possible. if you’d like a challenge, try these options:
- transition to a high plank (palms directly below your shoulders); repeat low to high to low, etc.
- take your right leg up and hold, repeat on the left
- take your right arm up and hold, repeat on the left
- drop your hips and glutes to one side at a time in a twisting motion while keeping your toes and elbows planted. greeeeat oblique exercise right there!
what has Chiso been up to? well, we are currently in potty training mode. aaaaaand we’re gonna get it right one of these days. my OBGYN and his Pedi gave me great tips and one of them was to invest in a singing potty, which makes perfect sense! every time he does his thing, it plays a little song. i’ll have to bootleg it and use my cell for now. whatever works. when he finally completes his mission that fateful day in the NEAR future, trust me, you will know. i will blow up this blog, twitter, IG, sound the alarm, run tel dat, EVERYTHANG
it’s #throwbackthursday on IG!
how bad do you want to change? make the decision, commit, and DO IT then!